Sweet Potato Toast is healthy breakfast or snack that’s also gluten free, vegan, paleo and whole30.
Tip: When buying the sweet potatoes try to pick large round ones. They’re easier to use and slice.
- Wash and Peel the potatoes
- Slice them 1/4 inch thick. Thicker won’t cook all the way through and thinner will fall apart. (if you accidently cut them too thick no worries! Poke holes in the potatoes with a fork and microwave for 30 seconds before toasting)
- Turn your toaster up to the highest setting.
- Toast your slices twice each. They should be a light golden brown when finished. If not throw them in for a third round.
- For the long pieces that don’t fit in the toaster, just flip them around for the second round of toasting.
Tip: You can pre slice the potatoes and keep them in a ziploc bag in your refrigerator. They can last up to one week!
- Bananas and peanut butter
- Eggs and Bacon
- Avocados, cheery tomatoes, salt and pepper
- Almond butter, chia seeds and hemp seeds
- Apples, peanut butter, cinnamon, dried cranberries
- Egg whites, avocado, cilantro, salt and pepper
- Eggs, black beans, cilantro, avocado, salsa and cheese
- Cottage cheese and mixed berries
- Arugula, lemon, avocado
- Cream cheese and blue berries
- Goat cheese, dried cherries and pistachios
- Avocado, bacon and soft boiled egg
- Hummus and radish slices
Leave a Reply