Non-dairy & Gluten Free
- 1 lb. Gluten free pasta (cooked) I used Chickpea pasta
- 1 jar (7 oz.) sun dried tomatoes (drained and roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups vegetable broth or stock (½ cup reserved )
- ½ cup coconut milk (any non dairy milk could used, oat milk, almond milk etc)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cracked red pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh basil (roughly chopped, about 20 leaves)
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour (or corn starch)
*You can also add cooked chicken or mushrooms to this recipe. Both work well!
- 1. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, saute the sun-dried tomatoes for 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and continue to saute for 2 minutes.
- 2. Add 2 ½ cups of vegetable broth and the sour cream to the pan and stir over medium heat until well blended. Stirin the garlic powder, nutritional yeast, onion powder, cracked red pepper and salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Combine the reserved ½ cup of vegetable stock and flour in a small bowl and stir until there are no lumps. Pour the flour mixture into the pan and stir until blended and the sauce begins to thicken. Add the basil and pasta, stir and cook until heated through. Serve warm.