PINEAPPLE CHICKEN & COCONUT RICE 🍍🥥 Follow Nutritionist @domenique_trupia for more easy, healthy recipes: *Episode 5* Healthy Dinners in less than 30 minutes
Full of healthy fats to keep you full, vitamin C to help you absorb iron from the chicken and fiber from the avocado to aid digestion 🙌🏼
Ingredients: Makes 4 Servings
2/3 C Soy sauce, low sodium
2 tbsp Ketchup
2 tbsp sesame oil
1/3 C Pineapple juice
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp, fresh ginger grated
2lbs Chicken thighs, skinless
Fresh Cilantro for topping
1 14oz full fat coconut milk, unsweetened
2 C uncooked, jasmine rice
1 1/2 C water
3/4 tsp salt
1 Avocado, diced
2 C Pineapple, fresh & diced
1 Shallot or red 1/4 red onion diced
1/2 Jalapeño, diced and seeded
2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
1. Prepare your marinade by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl. Add 1/3 of the marinade to a @hefty zipper bag. Add the chicken and massage the marinade into the chicken. Let it sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
2. While the chicken is marinating make your salsa and store it in the refrigerator until the chicken is cooked.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, water and salt. Bring to a low boil. Add the rice. Reduce to a low simmer and let cook for 18-20 minutes until the water has been absorbed. Let the rice sit uncovered for 8-10 minutes while the chicken cooks.
4. Heat a skillet on medium-high. Add all the chicken to the skillet and the rest of the marinade. Cook each piece about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Let the pan simmer until the marinade starts to dry up and the chicken becomes caramelized.
5. Serve over rice, spoon the salsa on top and sprinkle cilantro over the dish
*If you have leftovers, store the salsa separate from the chicken
*If you don’t like coconut you can also use plain rice in this dish and it will still be amazing!
Leave a Reply