This recipe is packed with veggies and hearty for a cold winter night!
Tips for toddlers: Chop the veggies, basil and spinach small so it’s not a choking hazard.
Tips for allergen moms: I used @jovialfoods rice based Mafalda pasta and if you visit their website they tell you exactly which products share lines with allergens and what allergens are in the facility. It’s incredibly helpful!
1 Yellow onion, diced
2 C Carrots, diced
2 C Zucchini, diced
2 C Yellow squash, diced
4 Cloves garlic, minced
2 C Spinach
1/4 C Sun-dried tomatoes (forgot to video 🙃)
2 C Mafalda Pasta, gluten free
1 Can Cannelini beans, drained
2 tbsp Olive oil
6 Fresh basil leaves, diced
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp Salt, or more test it at the end
1/2 tsp Black pepper
4 C Broth divided, Separate 1 C
1. Wash and dice all your veggies
2. In a large pot heat the olive oil. Add the onions, zucchini, squash and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes. While it’s cooking blend 1 C broth and the beans in a blender of food processor until smooth.
3. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, basil leaves, italian seasoning and sundried tomatoes to the pot. Add the bean mixture to the pot and mix well. Let simmer for 1 minute
4. Add the rest of the broth and bring the pot to a boil. Let the soup boil for 10 minutes and then add your pasta. Let the pasta boil for the cooking time noted on the box (mine was 9 minutes). 1 minute prior to the pasta finishing add the spinach.
5. Check if the soup needs more salt. Check that the pasta is cooked to your liking and serve!